Summer Storm // poem

27 March 2017

Rays of light creep along hardwood floors
They seep through the cracks of open doors
Flood through the windows that have curtains flung back
They touch my skin you can still see their track

I reach a hand out, the light covers my skin
like a coating of paint. How can it be thin
When it pours down my arms and seeps into my eyes?
The thing about sunlight is that it surely dies.

Drops of water escape onto where I lie
But the heat ignites the once mizzling sky
Flashes of bright light scream in the air
I'm frozen in wonder as I watch them tear

Through the velvet sheet dropped across fields
Children peep through their lashes at the gods revealed
Shocked to my core as the sky inhaled
It spat out its fire like a bride unveiled

Then the moon brings the clouds across starlit skies
It breaks through my slumber. I watch the sun start to rise
Reds, oranges, pinks seep into the cotton
I sigh in wonder as the storm is forgotten

// Jeani



3 comments :

  1. Great poem! It's very well written.
    -Kash
    // kashjain.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous poem. I loved reading it :)
    -Vivian
    https://moonsworlds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem! Enjoyed every line :D

    - Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ | nicolesmind.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I'm having trouble at the moment with replying to comments but I would like you to know that I really appreciate your comment and would love to have a discussion with you elsewhere about this blog post!

Thank you // Jeani