Books I've Read Since September

13 November 2016

Hey everyone!

Today I thought I would do a very simplistic post on all the books I have read since the beginning of this academic year:
1) My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult

Made me cry, unexpected ending just blew me away, one of my favourite books of all time
I'm never totally keen on different points of view during a book, but I understand that in this case they were important to the story 
9/10

2) The Maze Runner Trilogy - James Dashner
Kept me hooked all the way through, I absolutely loved it as I always do with Dystopian novels
The deaths really broke me into little pieces
8/10

3) The Time Traveller's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger

Beautiful tale, I enjoyed it thoroughly, left me heartbroken but satisfied.
Slightly slow paced at times
8/10

4) The Girl On The Train - Paula Hawkins
Fantastic, kept me gripped all the way through. One of those books that you want to find out the ending for but you just don't want to end. 
8/10

5) Eeny Meeny - M. J. Arlidge

Brilliantly thrilling concept, satisfying ending and just kept me excited all the time
9/10

6) Hide - Lisa Gardner
Left me terrified but it was so amazing, I was gripped from the word go and there were so many twists that it was just like a roller coaster, the characters were in depth and mysterious, there were so many questions throughout that you were just desperate to know the answer to and the end most certainly did not disappoint
10/10

7) Now Is Good - Jenny Downham

I really loved this book, truly heartbreaking and it left me sobbing. Many important messages about life, living and love. A definite must read, truly inspiring. I read it in one day!
9/10

So many important morals in the story, it was captivating watching the change in both Ellie and Mikey, seeing them realise them realise what love is and the entire concept of the story sent me through so many emotions: anger, fear, happiness... It was really good
Slightly disappointing ending in my opinion as one section of the story is not resolved; however, perhaps it's best we never know what happened
7.5/10

Next: Atonement - Ian McEwan


// Jeani



1 comment :

  1. Hi everyone, I'm so excited.
    My ex-boyfriend is back after a breakup,I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
    My name is Mary Wilkie from England.
    My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I'm having trouble at the moment with replying to comments but I would like you to know that I really appreciate your comment and would love to have a discussion with you elsewhere about this blog post!

Thank you // Jeani